14 August 2007

Fun with Raw Foods: Berry Sorbet and Lime Daquari Sherbert



Have I mentioned lately how hot it is?? So hot. Soooo hot. Too hot to do anything hot. Well, to do anything but make lots and lots of frozen goodies. I've come up with two more icy treats to tempt your tastebuds... Berry Sorbet and Daquari Ice Lime Sherbet. Take a moment, wipe your mouth, and print out these recipes to try:


Mixed Berry Sorbet
2 quarts assorted mixed berries
3/4 c agave OR 1 Tbsp Stevia w/Inulin
Water

Blend Berries and Agave or stevia. Add enough water to make 1 1/2 quarts.

Pour into Ice Cream Maker and Freeze.



Daquari Ice Lime Sherbet
Zest of two limes
1 cup agave nectar
2/3 c freshly squeezed lime juice
1 1/2 c water
1c fresh nutmilk
3 Tbsp Rum OR 1 tsp rum extract

Blend all ingredients together and freeze in Ice cream maker.

4 comments:

Jess said...

when you say agave, you mean blue agave tequila, right? cause that would be REALLY something...

Slightly Off Balance said...

*insert hysterical laughter*

Ghislaine said...

I would find your ice cream recipes in October! I've just learned I have Milk, Egg, Gluten, and Yeast allergies so I'm looking forward to trying your nutmilk ice creams!

Slightly Off Balance said...

You poor dear! I'll be making more ice creams as the weather gets warm... but enjoy the ones I've got here, lol! Yeah, dropping dairy was tough for me, esp. since everyone else in the family eats it, and it was such a large part of our diet.

Keep in touch!